Hi everyone! I have some exciting news to share with you guys!
I have been offered a really exciting work experience placement in Leeds for a total of 5 days. They are currently filming ‘Urban and the shed crew’ a movie based of the book by Bernard Hare:
I have already purchased the book as part of my research and I’m really enjoying what little I have read! I have already completed my first day and I am really excited about returning to complete a further 4 days as a make-up assistant. I was unfortunately unable to take an photos on set however to view more information about the project go ahead and like their page on Facebook:
OR visit the website:
My job roles included:
- Making hot beverages.
- Maintaining the sink area ensuring it is clean and tidy at all times
- Cleaning used brushes
- Keeping the surfaces clear and sterilised.
- Take, print and possibly label continuity pictures.
- Ensure the camera is fully charged and taken to set.
- Carry set bags to and from set
What have I learned so far:
- How to take accurate continuity pictures
- The importance of time management
- The importance of a set bag and its content
- The importance of slip and call sheets
- On set etiquette
- When is it appropriate for make-up artists to step on set for final touches
Overall it has been an amazing experience so far and I am really excited to return and learn more.